Welcome to Set Free Prayer Ministry!
Set Free Prayer ministry is a church-based program for teaching people how to pray effectively about their emotions so that they can be set free from grief, anger, shame, addiction and depression and have genuine peace without pills.
Distinctives of this Ministry
1) It is not a recovery program but a comprehensive program that addresses all types of emotional problems including grief, anger, shame, addiction, depression, and marital problems
2) It is not a 12-step program based upon AA principles
3) It is not based upon any secular theories or techniques
4) It is a biblical, powerful, prayer-based way to help people with their emotional struggles
5) It does not teach that our emotional struggles and compulsive behaviors and addictions are the result of brain disorders or chemical imbalances.
Emergency Response Team
We have many individuals who have been trained in this ministry who are very effective in helping individuals resolve feelings of grief, anger, shame, and depression through the use of this ministry. Dr. Gardner is a licensed professional counselor who has been a professional counselor for forty years. During the last 15 years since he learned this prayer ministry, he found it to be far more effective than any of the traditional counseling approaches that he used previously, so he has devoted himself to training other believers in this ministry. He has found it to be extremely effective in helping individuals who have experienced traumas of all sorts. In 2010 he traveled to Haiti to help earthquake victims and helped many individuals overcome their traumas through prayer.
Since Dr. Gardner retired in January of 2017 he has been available to travel and lead an Emergency Response Team of individuals trained to help those exposed to traumas. In October of 2017 he took a team to Las Vegas after the shooting of 59 civilians, and assisted a church there in helping members of their church who were traumatized by the shooting. He is available to train your church, or minister to traumatized individuals, in how to effectively overcome traumas without medications, through prayer.